Please click HERE to download a PDF version of the Woodward Preserve Pool Rules & Regulations for your homeowner records. Then complete the waiver below to acknowledge receipt of and agreement to the 2023 Pool Rules & Regulations. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Southern Property Management at 770-535-1020 or email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your prompt submission of this form.
- Pool is open from 9am to 9pm daily.
- There will be no lifeguard on duty; residents and guests swim at their own risk.
- All persons under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult; persons without swimming skills must be accompanied by a person with swimming skills (regardless of age).
- Guests are welcome; however, homeowners must accompany their guests. Everyone except the Homeowner and his/her immediate family is considered a guest.
- Please limit the number of guests to a reasonable number, especially on weekends and holidays.
- Residents hosting guests should be mindful of the size of their party and the impact on others. The pool is not available for reservation. Residents may not use the pool for large parties or gatherings that would give the appearance that the pool is for their exclusive use. Homeowners are responsible for ensuring their guests comply with these rules.
- All persons must be prepared to provide identification if requested by a committee member or management agent.
- Only proper bathing attire is allowed in the pool. Cut-offs will not be allowed. Plastic swim-diapers must be used for those who require diapers. An accident in the pool will force the closing of the pool for 24 hours.
- Floats may be used if not of excessive size. Please limit the use of floats when the pool is crowded.
- Radios and other audio equipment may be used. However, please maintain the volume so as not to disturb your neighbor.
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS. Only unbreakable plastic items used for drinking or snacking are permitted in the pool area. This also applies to thermos containers and glass items carried in coolers. Broken glass is dangerous and may force the closing of the pool.
- The Pool Waste Disposal Cans are for the disposal of waste generated at the recreation facility. Please use them for any paper items and other debris generated at the pool to prevent potential damage to the filter system. Gum of any kind is prohibited for safety and sanitary reasons. Residents may not put their household waste, including pet waste, in these cans without the express permission of the board.
- NO pets leashed or otherwise are allowed in the pool area.
- Rough-housing, running, ball-playing, and related activities are not be permitted. Anyone caught climbing the fence shall be evicted from the pool area and will lose pool privileges.
- Pool furniture is for the use of Homeowners and Guests and must be kept on the deck.
- Wheeled vehicles (bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, etc.) are not allowed in the pool area, including the entrance foyer. Baby strollers, small utility carts and wheelchairs are the only exceptions.
- The Pool Gate must be kept closed at all times unless you are holding the door for your party.
- Persons with infectious or communicable disease which can be transmitted by water are excluded from public swimming pools. Persons with open cuts, wounds, or blisters shall be warned of infection and advised not to use the pool.
COVID-19 SPECIFIC RULES:
- Anyone with active COVID-19 symptoms MAY NOT ENTER. COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Anyone who has tested positive within the previous 14 days of their pool visit MAY NOT ENTER.
- All state regulations on social distancing rules still apply.
POOL ACCESS POLICY:
- Starting with the 2021 Pool Season, the Woodward Preserve Community Association will be adopting a key-card system for access to the pool.
- 2 Key Cards will be issued to each household in good standing that requests them. Good standing is defined as having a zero balance as recorded on the HOA Management Company’s accounting system and having no outstanding violations or pending actions against them.
- The key card remains the property of the Association and is to be tendered to the association on sale of a home.
- A lost or damaged card can be replaced by a fee of $75.00
REC AREA PARKING POLICY:
- The parking at the rec area is primarily for the use of association members and their guests to park while utilizing the pool.
- Rec Area parking is not to be considered an extension of a homeowner’s driveway and continued daily and overnight parking can result in fines and suspension of rec area privileges.
- No vehicle may be parked overnight in the rec area without the written permission of the board or else be subject to being towed at owner’s expense.
COVID-19 LIABILITY NOTICE:
Under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering the Woodward Preserve amenity area if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this risk by entering these premises.
These rules are applicable to ALL homeowners and their guests. Violations of these rules can result in suspension of pool privileges, fines, as well as damage liability.